Dr. Bambang Irawan was formerly an Assistant Director at the ASEAN Secretariat, Jakarta, Indonesia. His portfolio covered cooperation and initiatives under the ASEAN finance integration. In his capacity, he coordinated activities and initiatives under financial services liberalisation, capital account liberalisation, capital market development, insurance and taxation.
With the completion of ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Blueprint 2015, he was involved in the development of the AEC Blueprint 2025 that would guide the cooperation and integration of all economic sectors in ASEAN between 2016 and 2025. The AEC Blueprint 2025 was endorsed during the 27th ASEAN Summit in November 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Bambang was formerly a Senior Lecturer at one business school in Jakarta, teaching statistics and economics. He also has experience in the banking sector previously. He earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Indonesia and MBA from Webster University. He also has a doctoral degree in economics from Monash University, Australia.
Articles by Dr. Bambang Irawan:
- Ahok’s Blasphemy Case: Is There a Future for NKRI?
- Race and religion, not merits, won the Jakarta Governor Elections
- Next Governor of Jakarta: Incumbent Pair or Prabowo’s Men?
- Is Ahok Still the Best Choice for Jakarta?
- Trump’s economic proposals raise many anxieties
- Translating more commitments to actions is key to next phase of ASEAN Community building