CARI actively engages individuals from diverse background and expertise to enrich our research initiatives. we provide our researchers and staff with opportunities to conduct pragmatic and meaningful research for the private and public sector.
The Resident Research Fellow will work on one of the following research areas by providing output such as essays, commentaries, reports and talking points for the Management’s speaking engagements.
- Policy: Analyse ASEAN integration and liberalization policies to create a single market and production base that are pertinent to business sector, covering trade in goods, services, investment, skilled labour and capital. These would cover ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement (ATIGA), ASEAN Trade In Service Agreement (ATISA), ASEAN Comprehensive Investment Agreement (ACIA), ASEAN Financial Integration Framework (AFIF), ASEAN Capital Market Integration (ACMI) Blueprint etc.
- Economic: Analyse macro-economic impact, estimate costs and benefits of ASEAN integration and liberalization measures at ASEAN level, ASEAN plus dialogue partners level, and regional pacts such as Regional Economic Comprehensive Partnership (RCEP) and Trans-pacific Partnership (TPP). Analyse intra and extra ASEAN trade flows, individual ASEAN Member State (AMS) annual economic-performance, market projection and cost of Non Tariff Barriers (NTBs).
- Industry:Analyse status of integration at the industry level. Growth projection and trajectory with or without ASEAN liberalisation agenda. Industry performance, challenges, and recommendation to help promote growth and improve cheaper goods and better services for the people of ASEAN.
- Business: Analyse business landscape of ASEAN, ASEAN multinational enterprises (MNEs), and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSMEs) with a view to provide policy recommendations to promote the proliferation as ASEAN MNEs. Identify ASEAN expansion strategies of specific MNEs. Study trends of business direction of top ASEAN companies. To examine business-led integration as a possible approach to circumvent the slow pace of integration.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Masters degree in any of the fields: Economics, Finance, Political Economy, International Relations or equivalent.
- Experienced professional with minimum of 7 years of research experience in similar capacity.
- Able to collect and analyse primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research data.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- Excellent analytical skill, attention to details and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skill.
- Excellent leadership skill.
- Able to deliver assignments under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with trade policies or working experience with the ASEAN Secretariat or government agencies in relevant capacities would be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
- If you wish to apply, please e-mail your CV, a cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.