The LTBI is divided into three phases.
As part of Phase II of the Initiative, the ABC Forum will be held in September 2014. Proposed target sectors for LTBI 2014 are:
- The LTBI has a special focus on identifying bottlenecks and barriers hindering free trade in prioritised sectors in the context of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
- The forum convenes around sector-based “Lifting-the-Barriers Roundtables” with vertical emphasis on issues specific to the selected sectors.
- The LTBI convenes the shapers of business and policy makers of ASEAN, Asia Pacific and world economies, for a discussion on the economic future of the region conducted in the context of a global economy in profound transformation.
- Each sectors research will be led by CARI in collaboration with the Research Partner and Chair Organisations
- Chair Organisations will provide the experiential insight into their industry, while the Research Partner will provide the technical knowledge and quantitative analysis required. CARI will lead the analysis of the ASEAN policy framework and regulatory landscape.
Phase I of the LTB Initiative involves core research and compilation of qualitative and quantitative responses as surveyed from within each of the six business sectors. The outcome of Phase I are the six sector-based Preliminary Papers, intended to spark discussion at the LTB roundtables during the ABC Forum. CARI’s Research Working Committee and its Strategic Advisors worked closely with each of the six nominated Research Partners in generating the necessary material for these reports. This collaboration, led by CARI, represented the top management consulting firms, academic institutions and regional business sector leaders to provide insight for this effort.
For more information on phase 1, click here.
ABC Forum has a special focus on identifying bottlenecks and barriers hindering free trade of prioritised sectors in the context of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
The event convenes around six sector-based “Lifting-the-Barriers Roundtables” with vertical emphasis on issues specific to the selected sectors. The roundtables serve as a platform for different stakeholders to deliberate on the future of their sector and our ASEAN region as a whole. Participants of this discussion include regulators, private sector leaders, service providers, manufacturers, academics and many more. The selection of discussants aimed to provide a well rounded and truly reflective debate.
Lacking In Certainty Hinders Legal And Tax Integration Efforts In ASEAN
Single Market Needed For Automotive Sector To Really Take Off In ASEAN
Financial Services Business Community Discusses Ways To Enhance Economic Integration
Investment Restrictions And Lack Of Transparency Among Major Concerns For Industry Players
Reduction In Barriers Necessary To Tap Into Full Potential Of ASEAN F&B Industry
E-Commerce The Way Forward For ASEAN’s Retail Sector
For more information on phase 2, click here.
The third phase of the Lifting-The-Barriers(LTB) Initiative will be the consolidation of all research and discussion materials from Phase I and Phase II. The aims and objectives of the ABC Forum is to provide a platform for private and public sector to come together and align their agendas in the common theme of ASEAN integration. We at CARI envision this to be done by means of a set of white papers which will be submitted to the relevant ASEAN ministers or policy makers to effect real change in the region.
ASEAN Business Club Forum gratefully acknowledges its Partners – See all partners