Dr. Arup Raha is the Chief Economist of CIMB ASEAN Research Institute (CARI). While his work and interests are global in nature, Arup’s particular expertise is on Asia where he has close to 20 years of experience working as a professional economist in the financial services industry. He was the Chief Asia Economist for global banks such as HSBC, Citi and UBS and also the Head of India Equity Research for JP Morgan. Prior to working in financial markets, Arup was an economist with The World Bank in Washington D.C.
Arup has a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Economics from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, a Masters from the Delhi School of Economics and a Doctor of Philosophy in Economics from Vanderbilt University in the United States.
Publications & Commentaries by Dr. Arup Raha:
- Economic Snapshot: ASEAN Focus May 2017
- Economic Snapshot: ASEAN Focus Jan 2017
- Making trade great again: The misplaced reliance on the Asian consumer
- Trump’s America and the Asian Spillover
- ASEAN Trade – Has Misery Created Opportunity?
- Rediscovering ASEAN Growth: another good reason for a common market