DATE: 22 September 2020, Tuesday
TIME: 3:00pm – 4:30pm (GMT+8, MYT)
VENUE: Online Webinar
TOPIC: The 4IR Reimagined Post-COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown the spotlight on the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and the technologies associated with it. While the adoption of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), the internet-of-things (IoT), teleworking, cloud computing and automation in business have taken place prior to the pandemic, the utilisation of these technologies has taken a renewed sense of priority.
From AI-powered software used to calculate the probability of COVID-19 infections to video-conferencing platforms used for work and learning, 4IR has demonstrated its ability to provide solutions to current issues. In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of 4IR technologies needs to go beyond providing solutions to pandemic-related issues. A looming climate crisis coupled with existing issues such as inequality and social unrest is some of the areas that require attention. There is a need to reimagine the deployment of 4IR in a way that would reshape the economy, facilitate a more inclusive society, and ensure a resilient and stable environment.
In this edition of the ASEAN Roundtable Series, Naveen Menon, President for CISCO Systems (Southeast Asia), Dato’ Fadzli Shah, Chief Strategy Officer for MDEC and Founder of NEST Consulting and Chandran Nair, Founder and CEO of Global Institute for Tomorrow (GIFT) will be joining us to provide insights into the following critical questions:
- What is IR4.0 and how does the ASEAN region define IR4.0?
- What are the gaps that each of the member states needs to address to increase competitiveness in benefitting from the IR4.0.
- How will the technology driving changes (eg. IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Automation) benefit businesses and fulfil the social purpose in the ASEAN region?
- How can businesses prepare for the advent of IR4.0?
- How can IR4.0 provide inclusive growth solutions for the region?
- What are the areas of opportunities brought on by IR4.0 for member states and businesses in the ASEAN region?
Tan Sri Dr. Munir Majid
Chairman, CIMB ASEAN Research Institute
President, ASEAN Business Club
President for Cisco Systems, Southeast Asia
Dato’ Fadzli Shah,
Chief Strategy Officer, MDEC
Founder & CEO, Global Institute For Tomorrow (GIFT)
Participation is strictly by invitation only. For further enquiries and details kindly email to email@example.com