CARI actively engages individuals from diverse background and expertise to enrich our research initiatives. We provide our researchers and staff with opportunities to conduct pragmatic and meaningful research for the private and public sector.
Assist Executive Director in the development of CARI research programmes in line with the research mandate of CARI to produce policy research.
- Write regular research papers as per the requirement determined by the Management
- Plan, drive and execute CARI’s research projects and complete projects within the agreed timeline
- Assign tasks, monitor and supervise other research personnel
- Ensure all research reports/output are produced at the highest standard of quality
- Regular update on progress of research projects, impact analysis and future trends
- Engage with CARI’s stakeholders in the identification of priority issues and scoping of projects
- Help build and maintain relationships with CARI’s stakeholders, including government officials, business leaders, research agencies and others
- Provide strategic input in research development
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Post graduate degree in Economics, Commerce, Finance/Accounting/Banking or equivalent. Candidates with Ph.D will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in related field in think-tanks/research organisations/research division of financial institutions
- Experience in both producing research papers and managing research projects
- Experience in cost and benefit studies or economic impact analysis
- Experience in working at the ASEAN Secretariat or Economic Ministries and has dealt with ASEAN Secretariat will be an added advantage
- Experience in overseeing junior analysts
- Specific knowledge
- Familiar with
- ASEAN integration, economic, international trade and policy issues
- Well verse with regional business or corporate landscape and issues
- Familiar with
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Demonstrates the attention to details
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Resourceful and demonstrates leadership skill
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and needs little supervision
- Able to leverage his/her network to implement research projects
- Able to assemble research teams or researchers to execute projects
- Able to complete projects under tight deadlines and has excellent time management
- Able to supervise other regional researchers
HOW TO APPLY
- If you wish to apply, please e-mail your CV, a cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com by 20th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.