Eleen is a Research Manager at CARI. She works closely with CARI’s Executive Director in the development of research projects, managing the research department and output of CARI. Her areas of interest are in economic empowerment, entrepreneurship and business innovation.
She won the National Design Thinking Award of Malaysia in 2019 for her work in advocating and incorporating the Design Thinking process into qualitative research and the entrepreneurial decision-making process in areas of high volatility and high uncertainty. Prior to joining CARI, Eleen was an academician with more than 15 years in action research. She was also an entrepreneur, consultant with the Cradle Coach and Grow Programme and mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation (UK). Eleen is also currently pursuing her PhD in Business Economics.
Eleen’s most recent work are as follows:
- A Pathway to Recovery and Hope for ASEAN: Recommendations from ASEAN Business Advisory Council, Joint Business Councils (ASEAN BAC) and Sector Champions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- CARI Analysis: E-Commerce in the New Normal
- Tackling the Economic impact from COVID-19: Fiscal remedies across ASEAN countries
- CARI Analysis: Healthtech investment in Asia Pacific more than halved due to COVID-19 but opportunities remain
- CARI Analysis: Digital Payments No Longer a Luxury in the New Normal
- The ASEAN Non-Tariff Measures, Services and Investment Restrictiveness Tracker
- CARI Analysis: How COVID-19 will transform global supply chains and how ASEAN must respond