Jukhee Hong heads the CIMB ASEAN Research Institute (CARI), a think tank dedicated to support ASEAN economic integration by advocacy and research set up by CIMB Group, Malaysia, the second largest banking group in Malaysia, and the fifth largest in ASEAN by total assets.
She oversees CARI’s overall research, which has produced the Lifting-the-barriers (LTB) Reports with sectoral policy recommendations that form the baseline recommendations for prioritised sectors of the ASEAN Business Advisory Council to the leaders.
She also heads the ASEAN Business Club, an association of chief executives of larger corporations and companies in ASEAN, where CARI serves as the secretariat and drives its initiatives and regional cooperations. She has spearheaded business missions across ASEAN and beyond, including Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Vietnam and the United Kingdom.
She is also the Deputy Executive Director of ASEAN Business Advisory Council, the apex private sector council appointed by respective heads of trade ministries from the 10 ASEAN member states.
She is appointed to the Technical Working Group (TWG) of the Non-Tariff Barriers (NTBs)/Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) Removal Steering Committee of the ASEAN Business Advisory Council, representing Malaysia.
She is the lead for the financial sector integration working group of ASEAN-BAC, representing ASEAN Business Club.
She is also a member of the ASEAN Circle. The ASEAN Circle is a discussion group comprises of notable figures from public and private sectors, media, academia, captains of industry, think-tanks as well as civil society, led by ISIS Malaysia with the ministries overlooking the three core pillars of ASEAN in Malaysia.
She is a member of the Malaysia National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation (MANCPEC), which is Malaysia’s representative in the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council, the only non-government official observer of Asia Pacific Cooperation (APEC).
Prior to that, she was invited to join the Ministry of Information of Malaysia by three consecutive cabinet ministers to consult and implement revamp of the national vernacular news and current affairs programmes for RTM.
Before joining the public service, Jukhee had a successful career as a trilingual and award-winning media practitioner through her decade long career in mainstream broadcast journalism.
Ju Khee’s most recent work are as follows:
- A Pathway to Recovery and Hope for ASEAN: Recommendations from ASEAN Business Advisory Council, Joint Business Councils (ASEAN BAC) and Sector Champions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The ASEAN Non-Tariff Measures, Services and Investment Restrictiveness Tracker
- Policy Brief: EU’s Renewable Energy Directive (RED) II and Implications on Palm Oil Trade
- CARI Analysis: How COVID-19 will transform global supply chains and how ASEAN must respond
- CARI Analysis: Digital Payments No Longer a Luxury in the New Normal
- CARI Analysis: Healthtech investment in Asia Pacific more than halved due to COVID-19 but opportunities remain
- Tackling the Economic impact from COVID-19: Fiscal remedies across ASEAN countriesd
- CARI Analysis: E-Commerce in the New Normal